Saturday, January 10, 2009

How do you sleep at night, Gonzo?

People often ask me how I sleep at night. The answer: Ambien and pinot grigio. But I really want an answer to that question from Alberto Gonzales, the former Attorney General who can never seem to recall anything. Well, I meant to discuss this a little over a week ago, but I still recall and I'm still appauled. Late last month, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal defending his record in the Bush administration, Gonzales lamented that "for some reason, I am portrayed as the one who is evil in formulating policies that people disagree with. I consider myself a casualty, one of the many casualties of the war on terror."

This man has the nerve to call himself a casualty of a war he helped launch. For the record, General, the actual casualties of the war in Iraq, which you seem to believe is part of the war on terror: 4,223 men and women dead; 30, 934 injured. Actual casualties, as in, you know, twenty-year old kids not coming home alive. How dare you compare your suffering to theirs and their families'.

No comments:

Post a Comment